Sunday, October 23, 2011

it's not that obvious to me

So today I'm taking out the trash, and with it, almost every insignificantly significant thing I had of mike's. I haven't thought of or opened the bag in so long I've forgotten what's even in there. Let's see..
  •   One (1) pair of heart shaped white rimmed sunglasses that he bought in spain for like two euro, to be returned
  •  One (1) piece of creased blank white paper that he folded into an airplane at under the couch while talking about his father, who is a pilot
  • One (1) blue post it note with a smiley face on it that he drew, and a produce sticker of an apple. I used to bite smiley faces into his apples, and move the mouth so it would talk. 
  • One (1) ticket stub to the Yeasayer concert we went to. Details not worth rehashing. 
  • One (1) holga film photograph of his felt gameboy ipod cover next to my felt SNES phone cover. 
  • One (1) empty gum packet from when he left the last piece for me before leaving for class one day
  • One (1) antennae headband from the Bugs? show. Details omitted despite being worth rehashing. 
  • One (1) string of blue beads from the show too. See above.
  • One (1) nametag from when we switched during student center training. Stuck on my wall and of infinitely more significance to me at that time, his name, than its physical representation
  • One (1) burned cd copy of Pavement given to me for my birthday 
Looking at all these things now, it's easy to see how very little I had. Quel cauchemar. They meant so much to me then, you know?

Anyway, off to the dumpster I go....



No comments:

Post a Comment