Friday, September 30, 2011

on the central limit theorem and n= 31 being the magic number

me:  duly noted
please dont leave out the wlln and strong law too
 Evan:  of course not
they're very closely related
 me:  i dont even.
 Evan:  all of this makes me very disappointed by the author of hitch-hiker's guide
should not have been 42
 me:  the universe is anything but normal
especially with all the shit he writes about it in those books
and if it's not normal
you can be damn sure it's not normally distributed
 Evan:  well, if you took 31 of them and averaged them...
it would be normal
 me:  god dammit evan
 Evan:  assuming they're i.i.d. which of course they would be
 me:  you can't even assume that
there are mice
they seem to be an organization
meaning they are far from being independent
 Evan:  if we can consider the big bang to be a big Random Vector
then, so long as each universe came from a big bang...
 me:  some argue that they come from white holes
 Evan:  okay, so then big bangs are a function of white holes?
 me:  OH MY GOD
SHUT UP
i don't expect anyone to really read this, but. oh evan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment