Friday, December 16, 2011

Never Tell (exerpt) _ James Christy

Hoover: you know how you said you needed a change?
Liz: yeah.
H: I'm the change.
L: How are you the change?
H: I don't know how to say this.
L: Just say it.
H: [exhales] You and I are going to spend the rest of our lives together. [beat.]
L: really?
H: yeah.
L: when did you decide this?
H: today at work. but i didn't decide. i had this sort of vision. and you were in it. you were all over it.
L: i was. so what about me, do i have any choice in this?
H: choice doesn't really enter into it. this is fate.
L: oh, it's fate. you didn't tell me it's fate.
H: it is.
L: the rest of our lives? that's, that's a long time.
H: right. so it's a bit sudden. but the point is, it'll be a better thing for you, us being together.
L: a better thing?
H: i mean, i think there's something wrong. with you.
L: this is how you pick up women? does this work?
H: i'm just saying i think i could help. and these [panic] attacks, they won't happen when you're with me.
L: why not?
H: because you won't be scared anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment