that i now would like to address to myself:
"what are you so afraid of?"
right? that's what you asked. here, then. here is a list.
- that you aren't the right one for me.
- not even that, but that i don't want you to be.
- if sometime down the road, i decide i dont want you to be,
- that i'll break your heart.
- that i'll let you down
- that i'll actually be happy being with you
- years of rationalization
- the same things everyone is afraid of
- that you, that i, that we are not enough to overcome these fears.
it is now, and only now, that i begin to see very real and very cruel parallels.