- Wash rice as usual.
- Dice sweet potatoes into chunks. Avoid skewering any major and/or desired limbs.
- Let rice rest for 10 minutes, adding extra 3/4 cup of water and potatoes.
- Eat as is or mash/blend swt potatoes with fork into rice until tinted orange.
The next day:
- Oil pan
- Spread rice evenly into pan, add a splash or two of barley tea/mugicha/boricha
- Stir till absorbed, then mash down
- Let sit 5 mins or until a nice crust forms on the bottom
- Enjoy the fact that your life just got a little bit better.
I like this with tea eggs (茶葉蛋) and stewed beef/pork in soy sauce. But that's because it's the only thing I make that reminds me of my mom's cooking. Ahh...mom's cooking. Has the ability to make me miss it a lot, and then once I'm home, I'll be like can we go get some jia jiang myun from hmart? It's a mysterious thing.