Saturday, April 11, 2009

Mixes

No pretentious indie artists; borderline mainstream, even. Music says it better than I ever could.


01. Snow Patrol: Run

To think I might not see those eyes
Makes it so hard not to cry
And as we say our long goodbye
I nearly do

Light up, light up
As if you have a choice
Even if you cannot hear my voice
I'll be right beside you dear


02. Our Lady Peace: Somewhere Out There

You're falling out of reach
Defying gravity
I know you're out there
Somewhere out there

And all we are
Is oh so far.

03. Dashboard Confessional: Currents

If it is born in flames then we should let it burn
Burn as brightly as we can
And if it's going to end then let it end in flames
Let it burn all the way down

If this ever meant to end,
Then I hope it ends where it began.
So hot with love, it burns our hands.

04. Empires: Under the Bright Lights

Everyone's dressed in the scenery.
I can't stop looking. We blend in.
Everyone's right where they've got to be.
Under the bright lights, I want you.

Where have you been?

05. Kings of Leon: Use Somebody

you know that i could use somebody
you know that i could use somebody
someone like you

and all you know
and how you speak
countless lovers undercover of the street

off in the night,
while you live it up, i'm off to sleep
waging war to shake the poet and the beat

i hope it's gonna make you notice.

06. Explosions in the Sky: First Breath After Coma

[instrumental]

07. Frank Sinatra: The Very Thought of You

The very thought of you and I forget to do
The ordinary things that everyone ought to do.
I'm living in a kind of daydream, I'm happy as a king,
Foolish though it may seem, to me that's everything.


08. Frank Sinatra: You'd be so Easy to Love

You'd be so easy to love
So easy to idolize all others above
So worth the yearning for
So swell to keep every home fire burning for

And we would be so grand at the game
Carefree together that it does seem a shame
That you can't see your future with me
'Cause you'd be, oh, so easy to love.


09. The Subways: Strawberry Blonde

If we find the light and turn it into ourselves
They will hunt us down like animals
In the morning clouds will cover you, oh well
In the afternoon the sun is yours.

Tell me, yeah, sing your song
For my lonely soul.

10. Boys Like Girls: Hero/Heroine

I never thought that you could break me apart
I keep a sinister smile and a hold of my heart
You want to get inside
Then you need to get in line
But not this time

Cause you caught me off guard
Now I'm running and screaming

I feel like a hero and you are my heroin(e).


11. Acceptance: So Contagious

Oh, when I'm around you I'm predictable
Cause I believe in loving you at first sight
I know it's crazy but I'm hoping to
To take a hold of you

Could this be out of line?
To say you're the only one breaking me down like this
You're the only one I would take a shot on
Keep me hanging on so contagiously.

12. Imogen Heap: The Walk

Inside out, upside-down twisting beside myself,
Stop that now, cos you and I were never meant to be
I think you better leave; it's not safe in here,
I feel a weakness coming on.

It's not meant to be like this, not what I planned at all,
I don't want to feel like this, Yeah,
No it's not meant to be like this, not what I planned at all,
I don't want to feel like this, so that makes it all your fault.

13. Tal Bachman: She's So High

But somehow I can't believe
That anything should happen
I know where I belong
And nothing's gonna happen

'Cause she's so high
High above me, she's so lovely
She's so high, like Cleopatra, Joan of Arc or Aphrodite
She's so high, high above me

14. Aqualung: Strange and Beautiful

I've been watching your world from afar
I've been trying to be where you are
And I've been secretly falling apart
Unseen

To me, you're strange and you're beautiful
You'd be so perfect with me
But you just can't see
You turn every head but you don't see me

I know that waiting is all you can do, sometimes.

15. Dave Matthews Band: The Space Between

You cannot quit me so quickly
Is no hope in you for me
No corner you could squeeze me
But I got all the time for you, love
The Space Between
The tears we cry
Is the laughter keeps us coming back for more
The Space Between
The wicked lies we tell
And hope to keep us safe from the pain

Will I hold you again?
Will I hold...

16. Maria Taylor: Xanax

Afraid of my heart that beats too slow
Or that I died and just didn't know
Or of a fate I will have to choose
And I'm afraid of how much I love you

There's just a time when we must all let go of that that we hold
There's just a time when we must all let go of that that we hold
With not being known, we'll have to go

It's just now that I've found a place where I can breathe
It's just now that I've found a place where I can sleep

Link to download: http://www.box.net/shared/38r4kj9odr

No comments:

Post a Comment