jeebus. work sucks when they start elevating you from the grunt work to the REAL work. because while grunt work is boring, at least you're not like. ho crap how am i gonna program this to actually create a database. and WTF is that crazy smart gear analyst even talking about? i can't do that to a database! and he probably thinks i know what i'm doing because i keep nodding and smiling! stop nodding! stop it! ahhh!!
i took a tour of building SS today, where all the tractors actually get assembled. it is hands down the coolest thing i have ever seen. .. this year. the d11 carrydozer? the lowest part of the track (you know, how it kinda looks like a triangle) is TALLER THAN ME. that thing musta been like 30 feet.
and you know what else? today my supervisor made a short joke. i kid you not.
- brandon: yeah those things are really crazy because you have no idea how big they are until you stand right next to them.
- me: it's true! it was so cool! i was shorter than the undercarriage! and didnt even come close to the final drive!
- brandon: well, you're probably shorter than the wheels on the d6's, actually.
- brandon: you know, you're probably shorter than the wheels on the forklifts.
- me: aklsdjfahklsdhfaliufahlksdjahkfljlhfahusdilfas
but yeah. looking at these super complicated engines and like. the transmission and these huge freaking tractors, it was just the coolest thing. also i was like WOW Diesel Mechanic Guy works with these. [looks at complicated contraption]. dang, he just got like 10 times hotter. not going bowling today, though...sigh. i figure every other week is probably a good idea. sucks. curse my weakness for tall, snarky blondes! >:O
in the same vein, i probably should not have cooked that rib eye steak in butter. man, if i don't come back 40 pounds heavier, the world is going to exact its karmic revenge some other way.
argh, going to bed. seriously, what i wouldn't give to be on the beach with a corona and lime.